Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weather Or Not

It's gorgeous outside today. Idyllic summer weather: sunny, warm breezes, that nice blend of sound and motion in the trees, the leaves, the interplay of light and shadow. Wonderful.

Saw a young couple walking their lil' baby in a carriage, saw their tired faces (the baby was happy, naturally), and I truly sympathized -- I know the Baby Boot Camp dance all too well. But to see that look of fatigued bewilderment on their faces (and furtively discussing "stress" as I passed them), I felt comic empathy with them. Kids are wonderful; I love kids, but I recognize the incredible work they represent. And this couple was young (I'm guessing early 20-something). No Lollapalooza for you guys. No sleep, either, is my guess.

Obama's in town, apparently, for his 49th birthday. Haven't heard the helicopters, but I'm sure they'll be about at some point. Maybe he's going to Lollapalooza. Ha! Yeah, right!