Monday, August 2, 2010

Allez!

I forgot to mention -- on Saturday, I had the boys at a particular playground in the 'hood, and was amused when B1 was playing with a group of five French kids (three boys, two girls). I was pleased to hear him using some of his French to talk with them (and him asking the kids if they were French, and the oldest girl saying, in a perfect American accent, "Yeah, we're French." Bahah!) Anyway, the dad finally came over to get his little brood together, and he spoke to them in French, and the kids blew him off, and then he spoke English, and this was my favorite moment -- he had a thick English accent (not Cockney, but a strong London accent) and he called to his kids again, punctuating it with an "Allez!" It was unexpected, that English accent! All of the kids had clearly French names, so I guess the wife must be French. I didn't see her, but it made me laugh, anyway.