Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gored?

Huh, Al and Tipper Gore are gettin' separated, after 40 years together. I don't know why it amuses me, but it kinda does. Tipper irked me with her whole record-labeling crusade (although those folks really lost that battle), and Al Gore irked me by running a pathetic Pretend Democrat presidential campaign that was lame enough to let Bush/Cheney steal the 2000 election.

I don't wish'em any ill will, really (except Tipper's record labeling thing was really annoying). Al would've been impeached if 9/11 had happened on his watch -- seriously, if Monicagate was impeachable for Bill Clinton, then 9/11 would've had the Republicans howling for Gore's blood, if it had happened to him (yes, quite the opposite stance of their whole "Let's put politics aside" charades in the wake of 9/11). He was probably better served as a presidential also-ran (or a "Hey, I actually won, but the fucking opposition actually stole the motherfucking election") than actually being a president.

The pictures at left amuse me -- photobooth pix are fun! I regret not having done nearly enough of'em! Something I'll have to remedy in the future!