Thursday, July 7, 2011

SYTYCD

"SYTYCD" was good last night, although I didn't think the numbers were as good as the week before, at least Sonya wasn't on there. She's my least-favorite of their choreographers (and it was interesting to contrast yet another zombie dance routine -- Sonya's fell flat [although they blamed the dancers and music for it, as ever] but this week's zombie routine was much stronger, better-conceived [can't remember the choreographer for that one]).

As ever, the judges seem to love Ryan -- the fraggle-haired blonde. They really love her, and I'm confused as how this protege of choreographer Mia managed a bit part on "House." WTF? Is this playing into their fanning her through and gushing over her performances? I dunno. She's not nearly as strong a dancer as poor Miranda was. And she's definitely not in the league of Melanie, or even Jordan or Caitlynn (surprisingly, Caitlynn has been bringing it, although she's not in Melanie's league). Anyway, Ryan has the favor of the judges, for some reason I can't determine. It is bugging me.