Thursday, June 2, 2011

Zazen

Took the boys out to get some local 'za tonight, which they both greatly enjoyed. I got them a 12" cheese pizza, and I got myself a 12" with jalapenos, hot Italian sausage, red onions, and, for fun, a quail egg added on one slice (I had to get that, when I saw it on the menu). I'd also gotten some garlic bread for B1, some melted goat cheese-n-sauce for me, and a Fat Tire beer. We got stuffed. I couldn't even finish the beer, and we ended up taking most of the pizza home. Of course, the beer and the appetizers took their toll, but beer-n-pizza, right? Anyway, it was good, and the boys ate heartily. Great thin crust pizza...

See how much we had left over? Great stuff!

Speaking of beer, saw something amusing on my bike ride home (btw, it was frickin' chilly by the lake -- definitely going to wear a jacket tomorrow) -- anyway, a gaggle of either boys or else barely-legal skater kids got busted on the beach by bike cops for bringing lots of PBRs with them. They looked particularly chagrined, since all of their beer was, of course, taken. They were getting ticketed, so I assume they were legal adults getting busted for bringing booze to the lake -- open container and/or who knows what else? Their faces were priceless, like "Fawwwwwwwwwwwwk."