Friday, March 11, 2011

Triggered

Saw an altercation this morning between "Trigger" the pit bull and somebody else's smaller dog. Two pet owners -- one fat woman with her little dog, and a sleekly-built co-ed from DePaul with Trigger. I only saw it right as it happened, heard the little dog yelp and saw its owner throw herself on the dog (first I thought she fell over and worried about the dog being squished, but I realized that the woman had done the proverbial "fall on the grenade" move to protect her dog from the pit bull). As I walked by, the co-ed was scolding Trigger for snapping at the much-tinier dog -- of course, with a name like "Trigger" (equine pop cultural associations aside), the pit bull's likely in a bad position as an ambassador of peace and love. I walked out of range before I could hear how the owners resolved things -- the fat woman was just dusting herself off while the younger woman was just admonishing her dog.

Sunny and cold today, but beautiful sunlight.

Found $.50 this morning. I'm RICH!