Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So far, so good...

The day has had its share of joys already...a young Lab pup carrying a too-big stick (really, a glorified tree branch), dragging it along happily, ignoring its owner's urge for it to drop it. And then passed by a Great Dane carrying a tennis ball in its cavernous maw, looking at the pup like "Wow, you playing with DAT?" (gave the Dane a South Side Chicago accent, just for fun).

Then I saw a very cool sunrise that I captured with my camera; actually, before the sun broke the horizon, but seemed linger just beneath it overlong, creating a beautiful tangerine spectacle in the distance, over a calmish lake. It was wonderful, and I caught it in a dozen shots. Today is a Good Light Day, the sun being particularly generous with its luminescence, lending a golden glow to everything it touched, and I took a bunch of shots I can't wait to upload this evening.

The clouds were also pretty, just because so many different cloud shapes were evident at once, along with ample blue skies. It was wonderful.

I forgot to mention the amusing bus driver yesterday, who did a "chop-chop" clap every time passengers were too slow to board. That amused me. The pissed-off bus drivers are the most amusing, always. They also tend to drive quickly, which makes for a speedy commute!

I have to put the finishing touches on B1's Halloween costume, which I'll do the next few days. It should look pretty sharp, if all goes well.