Friday, July 30, 2010

Weekendish

Plans for the weekend? Do I ever really plan that far ahead? Nah. Weather permitting, I'll take the boys out, maybe hit the Zoo. I'm going to write (of course), hunt out some furniture, and clean up the boys' room, which is in need of it. I'll have the guys help, too, but I just want to get it cleaned up. I'd like to get some new dressers for the boys, too, if I can find any that are any good. Nothing much planned beyond that, but I think that's probably enough for a couple of days.

On the ride in this morning, this sort of odd gal sat next to me -- older woman, 50-something (?) in a navy blue summer dress. Done up, just kind of odd vibe from her. Of course, she sat next to me, primly sitting there with her bags on her lap, staring forward. Crowded bus, breaks of the game, but then when the bus emptied, she stayed in the spot next to me, which irks me. One of those mass transit-user etiquette things, like when the conveyance clears up, move over, give yourself and your fellow commuter more room. But no. She just stays there, staring forward, same blank expression on her face. Totally irksome. Then my stop comes, and I move to get up, and she still doesn't move. Just sits there, motionless. I push past her, glad to get off the bus. I glance back into the bus as I'm leaving, and she's still just staring ahead. She looks vaguely like Kate Pierson of the B-52s, although sans beehive. This picture looks a lot like her, like the eye makeup thing going on.

I think Michael Bay's film crew may still be around town here and there. I saw some film trucks on some of the side streets. Definitely filming on-location. He's been around for a few weeks, getting the shots.