Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tooooosday

I banged out 2000 words this morning on the book I'm working on. I'm shooting to get it done by summer's end. It's coming along nicely, I think. I decided to give it 12 (or at most, 13 chapters). Long chapters, averaging about 7000 words -- which is a departure for me. I have a certain intuitive sense of rhythm with my fiction, and will write scenes with that in mind, so writing longer chapters "feels" different to me. It's an experiment for me.

I have several more books queued up in my head, will work on them in turn. The long drive south always triggers my creative juices -- the South just radiates "vibe" and inspires me.

(later, around noontime)

I got a Tuscan Chicken Melt from Subway (footlong flatbread, provolone, cucumber slices, lettuce, black olives, green peppers, red onions, oregano, black pepper, and their Tuscan sauce).

I was amused by yesterday's horoscopes in the Chicago Redeye...
Aries: You're going through a midlife crisis, even if you're just 22. Saturn has you reconsidering every major life decision you've made in the past 10 years. Why did you marry a mortician? Why did you fall in love with a cougar who has 10 kids?

Bahah! Some of the other ones are pretty funny, too. I'm tempted to share them. Muahah....

I don't think I'm having a midlife crisis, honestly; I used to joke about my quarterlife crisis back in the 90s -- so midlife is no big deal, and compared with the place I was in back in the 90s (or the 00s), I'm hunky-fucking-dory, honestly. The prospect of my own place is exciting as hell. And more writing time! Yay!

They're still filming scenes from "The Transformers 3" downtown. I saw more wreckage just south of the river, on Wacker Drive. And some armored personnel carriers. I snapped some pix of that.

"Louis" is on FX tonight, around 10:00 CST (11:00 EST). Louis CK is funny; definitely my kind of comic. I'll try to get caffeinated at the right moment this evening so I can stay up to watch it.