Thursday, July 29, 2010

Small World

I haven't watched "Jersey Shore," but a few coworkers have, and have talked about it more than a bit. That show seems to have captured a bit of a pop cultural moment. I'm amused, in that my hometown of long ago (Youngstown) was sometimes known as "Little Hoboken" (!!!) and, in some ways, there is a bit of cultural affinity one can find between dwellers of Youngstown and folks in New Jersey -- what plays in New Jersey is likely to play in Youngstown, in some way. You can almost count on it. Anyway, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is apparently emerging as the "star" of that show, surely swilling down her 15 minutes of fame. I was amazed to read that she's only 4'9" -- wow. THAT is tiny. That's only about three inches taller than B1, for god's sake (I mean, he's a tall boy, but still, wow). Tiny, tiny chick.