Sunday, July 18, 2010

On the Road

Heading back to Chicago today. The boys have been so good on the whole trip; they were the toast of the family gathering, as I knew they would be. It's remarkably easy for me to handle this stuff solo; Exene always sweats it, but it's cake. I admit that I've had more practice at it than she has, since I drive (and she won't drive), and I spend so much time solo with the boys (because of her absenting herself), so I know the dance. But the boys were great. It sucks, however, that I didn't give myself one more vacation day (tomorrow) -- I hate thinking I have to hustle back home, and then tomorrow morning, am back in the workplace saddle. Ah, well. I didn't want to take too many days off.

Anyway, the car did well, and I'll properly blog about last week when I'm back home. Today, it'll just be me driving all day, getting the boys home. They're looking forward to being in Chicago again. B2 was cute, saying "Where are all the buildings?" when we first got out into the country. My city boys!

I'm amused at the hotel I'm at, how it says "Hello." and "Thanks." at the door. Somehow, the period ending the sentence seems less friendly than it ought to be! I'll snap a shot before I go.

When I next blog, I'll be home. "See" you soon! ; )