Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Music: Swervedriver, "Flawed"

I just stumbled on a Swervedriver song I'd never heard before. It's "Flawed" from 1991, part of an EP I never had.

It's a good tune, has all the stuff I need from Swervie -- namely, a nice, chunky wash of electric guitars. I saw them play their reunion tour in 2008 at Metro, and it was so worth it. They're not dynamic onstage, but they play fully rocking music that just envelopes you. I really hope their reunion tour brought them enough $ucce$$ that they can sling out a new album. Since they never got their due in the 90s, my hope is that they can perhaps bring their own brand of rock to the 21st century, where they properly belong.

Also, as a bonus, here's a studio recording of "She's Beside Herself." Just glow and flow! Awoooooooo!

And one more, a trippy one for my favorite planet, "Mars."