Monday, March 22, 2010

Today is a good day

I look like a roadie for Interpol today. It just seemed like a day to wear a tie to work, what can I say? I'm in a pretty good mood -- got the taxes done (yesterday), got my writing done, made a kickass lasagna, just enjoyed life in general (or at least being alive). I felt a keen sense of where I was going, what I am doing this year, and it made me feel good, like clouds that have haunted me for time time finally parting, letting warm sunlight in.

I just need to find a good job downtown. That would make everything fucking ducky.

I'm going to work on that. I think I just like having a rough plan in place -- there is satisfaction in being "on purpose" that I sometimes lose sight of, since I am not a strategic thinker, I am the consummate tactician. But every now and then, I will plan things out and will work to make that plan bear fruit for me, and I feel that I have enough of a plan in place (with enough flexibility -- I always need that) that it reassures me. It really is going to be alright.

What a far cry from the dark days of 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. Lordy, lordy. But truly, I am happier than I've been in years, and getting happier still. I made the right decision. I was unsure of that in 2008, really did soul-searching back then, but I realized that it was the right thing. Even with the incredible frustrations of the logistics of it (especially in 2009), I was happier than I'd been for years before. It was telling.

2010 is going to be marvelous; 2011, better still. Onward, upward! Woo hoo!