Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughts

Rainy morning. We're due for thunder showers today. The only exciting thing about it was the frontal boundary came through so clearly, this line in the clouds, like a tsunami in the sky, bringing the rain. Kinda cool. But not cool enough to photograph, although I thought about it a moment or two.

There was some Hipster Love(tm) at the corner of Clark and Dickens -- this skinny, bearded fellow and his diminutive babe, both in their Chuckies and assorted regalia, naturally, snogging at the corner bus stop like it was VE Day all over again, instead of just the morning commute. Now, I'm all for romantic love, mind you (and believe me, I most definitely am), but PDAs in the morning commute, I dunno. Too much and too little at the same time.

I had some good ideas of stuff I need to work on, writing-wise. Impious ideas. I'm going to play with them a bit. I have been avoiding writing about writing on here because I hate writers writing about writing (much like actors acting in a movie about acting, or dancers dancing about dancing, or musicians in a musical about musicals -- that kind of self-referential stuff makes me gag). But I've got something that is enticing me at the moment, and going to play with it a bit.

Oh, the City is trying to fuck me at the moment. Some kind of disconnect between the online traffic ticket-paying option and the actual office. I paid my ticket many weeks ago, and got ANOTHER notice in the mail, with an additional $50 tacked on because I hadn't paid. But I'd already paid online, and when the first notice went out, I included a copy of the receipt from that fucking payment. The bureaucrats apparently decided that wasn't enough, and are shaking me down again. Pissing. Me. Off. The Donkey's ghost, haunting me from beyond the grave. I may pay AGAIN with a notice saying I have already paid, include yet another copy of it, and complain about it to the Department of Revenue and the Mayor's Office.

Gonna listen to Alice Cooper today, I think -- their first several albums. I started with "Billion Dollar Babies," one of their best...