Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dicin'

I was doing prepwork for Greek Salad at the kitchen table, with B2 watching -- he's fascinated by me cooking, so I try to include him, let him see how it's done. I peeled and chopped some cucumbers (which he sampled), some red onion, some feta cheese (cubed that), some green peppers. And each time, I'd have him put those in saver containers for later, and put'em in the fridge. I love his interest in that.

He's already a natural actor (hahah, like me!), so it's nice to see him interested in cooking -- maybe it'll give him something to fall back on if/when he became an actor someday. I'll teach him what I know, confident that he'll do even better. He loves to smell absolutely everything with cooking -- he'll ask to smell it, already has a wide range of scent palates that way, just loves it. I'd like to think that it'll prepare his broader palate down the road.

I think I'm going to make spaghetti with turkey meatballs and the Greek Salad. Damn, I need to get some wine. Should've done that earlier. Gotta have the wine, right? Mmm hmm!