Friday, February 5, 2010

Scene: Thulsa Doom?

Getting on the bus later than my usual time is like walking into an alternate dimension. Different people, different schedules, different everything. I'm used to a particular demographic wedge when I get on my usual time. Today it was very odd. For one thing, it seems that a lot of brunettes board around 8:00 a.m. CST. At most of the stops, it would be a parade of them, brunette woman after brunette, and no common ethnicity between them, but a mixed bag, with the lone commonality being that they are all brunettes. I need to study that and see how it shakes out at other times. But I've noticed this before. And all of them rather strikingly unattractive -- not even a matter of taste, here -- they were all odd-looking. If it wasn't an unconscionable invasion of privacy, I'd have filmed it, so you could see, but it was true. Older men (some of them possibly drunk), and unattractive young and middle-aged brunette women, bound for jobs. Even the lone blonde on board wasn't attractive, looked like LiLo after a bender. Who were these people? Where were they going? No idea.

A black woman sat across from me, talking quietly in her cell phone. She looked like James Earl Jones. Like she could've been his baby sister. I don't know if he has any relatives, but the resemblance was uncanny. I was riding the bus with Thulsa Doom!



Nothing else fancy happened on the trip, except the driver got lost in Hyde Park, ended up cutting off a large portion of her route, but nothing that would affect me directly (except getting me to work a bit later.)