Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Idea Man

I was surging last night, just had a ton of ideas. I kept jotting them down on a slip of paper, which I kept on me all night, just in case more came (they did). Love when I'm on the creative upswing, surfing the waves of my subconscious. Stories I have to finish...
  • Smartbomb
  • Vista
  • Old Hickory
Story ideas I jotted down last night (for me, titles kind of mentally flag the story)...
  • Deadline
  • Wash, Spin, Rinse, Shoot, Repeat
  • Statuesque
So, I'll finish up those three first ones and then dive into the next three. Keep the conveyor belt going. I love when I'm in short story mode. All of these new ones qualify as horror stories, and/or Midwestern Gothic, my own lil' genre.

Of course, I have to repeat the process of pimping stories out to markets, which is proving a little more difficult. I may bundle a baker's dozen of my short stories as an anthology and see if I can get any agency's interest for those.

Speaking of that, I sent out another query for the book. Fingers crossed. I really, really hope something clicks for this one.